The Aadhaar card, or Unique Identification Card, can be availed by not only residents of India but non-residents of India can also apply for it.
The process and documentation to register for an Aadhaar card for NRIs is similar to the process followed by Indian resident. As per the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016, only a resident who has resided in India for a period or periods amounting in all to 182 or more in the 12 months immediately preceding the date of application for enrolment.
You can fix an appointment online via UIDAI official website or visit the enrolment centres approved by UIDAI directly to apply for the Aadhaar Card offline.
In case you are an NRI, follow the steps given below to get an Aadhaar card:
1) Using the official website of UIDAI – https://uidai.gov.in – find an enrolment centre near you
2) You can fix the appointment online or visit the enrolment centre directly
3) Carry photo copy of important documents such as resident proof, birth certificate, PAN card, etc. and Aadhaar card application form
Hello Aadhaar Scammer,Aadhaar authentication fails for half billion Indians, HTF do they authenticate using finger? Without aadhaar authentication, aadhaar is piece of sh1t
4) Give all these documents to the official at enrolment centre. The official will take your biometric details.
5) At the end, the official will give you an acknowledgement slip. Keep it safely as you can use it to track your Aadhaar status.